- Range of solution optimized for full performance spectrum
- Cortex-A series : application processor for complex OS and user application
- Cortex-R series : embedded processor for real time system
- Cortex-M series : deeply embedded processor optimized for cost sensitive application.
- First application processor based on ARM7 (compatible with ARM7)
- Low power 32bit RISC microprocessor optimized for cost and power sensitive application.
- MP3, entry level wireless handset, pager..
- 130 DMIPS at 0.13um process
- Highest performance and most power efficient
- 600MHz to 1GHz
- 2000 DMIPS with 300mW (2DMIPS/MHz) 13 stage pipeline with advanced dynamic branch
- First superscalar processor, enhance code density and signal processing
Figure 2 ARM Cortex A8 performance chart
- Multimedia and signal processing unit for Cortex-A series processor
- 128 bit SIMD architecture (Single instruction and Multiple Data)
- High performance and power efficient anc cost sensitive
- Upgrade from ARM11
- High performance microprocessor
- 740 DMIPS at 0.13um process
- High performance processor for automotive, data storage, imaging, embedded control, Network, Consumer product (smartbook)
- Multicore version
Figure 5 Cortex A-9 feature