Intel Unveils Details on Arrandale and Clarkdale Processors – PC World Business Center
- Clarkdale chips are aimed at desktop systems
- rrandales are targeted for mobile computers
- incorporates graphics processing and memory controller functions into the CPU
- eliminates the need for a separate graphics processor, as well as the Northbridge component of traditional Intel motherboard chipsets.
- Both the Arrandale and Clarkdale processors are based on Intel’s new Westmere architecture.
- Arrandale processors improve performance by including a “Dynamic Frequency”
- native Blu-ray dual-stream support as well as lossless 7.1 channel audio