EETimes.com – GlobalFoundries wants 30% of foundry market, says report
- wants to take 30 percent of the foundry market within three years
- In 2009 TSMC was ranked the top foundry with about 45 percent of a market worth about $20 billion
- “We need to be a $5 billion company in the next two to three years” per Ibrahim Ajami, chief executive officer of ATIC.
- $5 billion in annual sales won’t quite get GlobalFoundries to 30 percent
- The combined sales of Chartered and GlobalFoundries would have been just over $2.6 billion in 2009,
- GlobalFoundries has announced that it is working with Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics and ARM Holdings plc as well as Advanced Micro Devices Inc.,